We leverage our innovative, component-driven development platform to bring complex, high-volume solutions to market at a pace unmatched in our industry. Our technology allows our clients to work exactly how they want.
We organize our technology infrastructure around two primary areas…
Our platform includes core technology components that provide the supporting infrastructure upon which business- and asset-specific components and functionality are based. The core components give applications their inherent performance power, stability, scalability, and ease of integration.
Our business components deliver those features and functions that are common across all asset types, including position keeping; P&L; and the unique characteristics of the asset classes we address, including equities, fixed income, and foreign exchange. This enables us to deploy our products as an institution’s single solution.
We employ several techniques to ensure the high-performance nature of our components:
- Decoupling: independent features are decoupled from one another, allowing them to run in parallel.
- Multi-threading: components to take advantage of additional processors on multi-processor machines.
- Thread Pooling: the number of threads available to a component can be controlled to provide maximum efficiency.
- Serialization Optimizations: components employ a number of techniques to reduce the amount of serialization when passing data between components.
- Data Caching: all data stores can be configured to cache data.
- Parallel Execution: data is delivered to components in parallel whenever possible.
- Adaptive Event Delivery: to better cope with peak loads, events can be delivered in batches to smooth processing requirements.
- J2EE Clustering: our solutions leverage clustering to run across multiple systems.
- Application Partitioning: solutions can be broken up into sub-systems and run on different systems.
- Data Partitioning: transactions and requests can be routed across a number of systems based on a set of criteria.
Business Component Detail
ITECS applications are comprised of reusable and highly configurable business components that let our customers set up new instruments and implement new business flows quickly. When we add a new product, the time-to-market, reliability, and completeness are unmatched given the huge head start that the components provide. Examples of our configurable business components include:
- Position keeping
- Instrument definer
We use a Data Model Independent, Transformer/Adapter pattern to make integration easy and non-invasive, both with ancillary systems and existing databases.